So I'm having a slow period here at work, so I decided that I have no excuses to post on my blog. I love to read other blogs while I'm at work, but I just don't have the idea in my head that I haven't posted in a while!
OK, 2010 is going to be a great year. I'm going to make it a great year. I don't really have any new resolutions. I like to keep the same ones as the year before and then add on to it if I feel I need to make new changes as well.
I am still continuing to be environmentally friendly.
- I recycle everything that is recycleable
- I reuse products and containers
- I dehydrate my produce so it doesn't go bad, and am using it all!
- I make my own laundry soap, fabric softener, and dishwasher detergent, and reuse my containers....<---this in it self is saving me about $150 a year!
- I make some things I need, like hats, scarves, and slippers
- I grind my own wheat.
- I bake my own bread, and cook at home.
- I use a staple-less stapler
- I make paper bricks with my paper-brick maker instead of burning logs (and I'm reusing recycled paper)
- I'm no longer breastfeeding, but I nursed Lliam as long as I could, and that saved me about $500 in formula costs, and it was healthy for everyone!
I will be working out 4-5 days a week, including walking my new dog, Toby.
I will spend my weekends doing family oriented things. Those are my days off, and I intend on spending my free time with my boys.
So on to recent news.
Jos and I just came back from the coast for a last-minute weekender trip for Jos' business. We decided to go the night before we left. Anyway, we drove out there with Lliam, and left AJ with Uncle Lance with our new pup. The business part was good, but the visiting with friends was better!! I sure miss my BC friends. It was 8 degrees, and rainy, but it sure beat the -21 with windchill out here in Calgary, that's for sure.
We picked up our new pup, Toby on New Year's day.
He's a handful right now. We picked him up for free on a Kijiji ad. So we aren't sure of his background. Other than, we know he's been crated most of the day, and no one spent time with him. He's a year old already so he's socially challenged, and he's growly and humpy. So hopefully a neuter will rectify the humpy part. *Crossing fingers* I really don't want him going to town on my 5 yr old anymore. I shudder at the thought, and the dark side of me laughs myself silly. I know that with a bunch more training, and work, that he'll be a great member of the family. He's still getting used to us right now. Only time will tell.
More to come...I promise!