Friday, December 29, 2017

Year in Review 20.17

            1. What did you do in 2017 that you'd never done before?
      Whale-watching out on the open ocean, it was spectacular.  The boat took us to a secluded hot springs on        an Indian reserve and it was such a glorious experience
       Rode my bike from Calgary to Aidrie
       Rode my brand new bike from Canmore to Banff, then back again.  AMAZING


2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I tried my best to keep my resolutions, but you know I'm just going to be healthy, love myself, and treat my body nice.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Charity Bullock

4. Did anyone close to you die?
This continues to be  daily struggle, but we miss our Bailey dog.  She was a warm, fuzzy constant companion whom I miss dearly.

5. What countries did you visit?
USA, to do some whirl wind shopping with my amazing friend Tamara Swayze.

6. What would you like to have in 2018 that you lacked in 2017?
More patience, more laughter, to be more teachable and less prideful.
More softness, more forgiveness, more self-love


7. What date from 2017 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 18 – When me and my sister Kennedy randomly bumped into each other at Prince’s Island park
March 22 – Being invested as a Cub Scout Leader – I love being a part of Scouts Canada
April 29th – Calgary Comic Expo – meeting NATHAN FILLION
June 2 – Girls trip to Vancouver Island, so many memories
Oct 18th – Losing Bailey


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Losing my year-long weight I had gained, with holistic eating and running and hot yoga.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Letting myself “go” and gaining about 25 lbs

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not too bad this year, just needing my heart monitored a bit and had to dial it back a bit to make sure I’m not cooking up a heart attack.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new Hybrid Mountain Bike, instant Pot

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My sexy husband, Patrick

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A few husbands out there -tsk tsk tsk

14. Where did most of your money go?
Raising a family of 7 in this economy, vehicle maintenance

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Camping in the trailer
Mike Chartrand FIXED the wiring in my trailer so now I have lights when I’m dry camping! YAY for solar panels.
Patrick’s 45th Surprise birthday party
Girls trip to Vancouver Island

16. What song will always remind you of 2017?
Praying – By Ke$ha

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? thinner
iii. richer or poorer? Richer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Letting life slow down a bit, enjoy the moment, and continue doing what I enjoy (camping, hiking, playing with the kids, family time)

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Play Candy crush, waste time on electronics

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent it at home with my awesome family.

22. Did you fall in love in 2017?
Still in love with my passionate lover.

23. How many one-night stands?
None.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Outlander, This is US, The Orville

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope

26. What was the best book you read?
I’m still reading it, but “mindful eating” is pretty awesome

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Nothing new really, just enjoyed a lot of top 40

28. What did you want and get?
An instant pot
Winter Boots and trail running shoes


29. What did you want and not get?
win the lottery

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Star Wars - Hands down!!!!

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Had a garage sale with my sisters, and had lunch together.  I turned 39.  yikes.  Inching closer to 40!!!

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Visiting the Jensen ranch more and teaching Patrick how to ride a horse.  :)

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2017?
Cozy, yoga gear Cute, and on date night - HOT

34. What kept you sane?
Both sane and insane was Patrick, he's my rock and my best friend.  My bffs Tamara and Shannon, and my family.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
uhhhhh…..

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
All of it

37. Who did you miss?
My friend Lori

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Did I meet anyone new this year?

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2017.
Time with your kids is precious, take the time, you’ll never EVER get it back.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
There’s nothing holding me back

No comments: