Saturday, May 9, 2009

Birthday Redemption

My birthday has now come and gone. May 7th was my big day. I hit the big 3-1! Now officially in my 30's. Birthdays always seemed so special to me, but ever since I hit 30, they have just been regular days. This year was no exception. I was in Cardston selling baked goods that we spent 17 hours the previous day preparing. My sisters and mother are trying to fundraise for our trip out to Vegas in October. So we decided to sell our baking at the Farmer's Market. We baked Cinnamon Buns, Sweet Buns, Banana Loaf, Lemon Loaf, Ginger snaps, white chocolate Ginger Snaps, hand rolled chocolates, snickerdoodles (caramel and chocolate dipped pretzels), Apple pie, Bumbleberry pie, and last but not least Apple turnovers....yes, we baked ALL of these the day before, PLUS decorating all the packaging they went in! LONG LONG LONG day....Did it pay off? Well, not too too bad. I was a cranky pants most of the day. I was going on NO sleep, cranky kids, I was PMSing something fierce, and I just couldn't shake the grump off. The bake sale was a little dissappointing. I really thought more people would have bought our stuff. A lot of work went into that, and I just thought we would have sold more. Oh well. You never know what the consumers are craving these days.

The end of my birthday was drawing near. I travelled back up to Calgary, and made it to Girls Night. I'm so glad that I went. One of the girls baked me a cake, and it truly was the highlight of the night. She bakes and decorates cakes for a living, and OMgosh, it was one of the best cakes ever! It was a chocolate peanut butter cake, with almond flavored frosting! **drool** it was fabulous! I'll post the pics as soon as she posts them on facebook. Trust me, way cute, and way yummy!

Lliam is almost one year old!!! Can you believe that its been a year already?! A year since I've started my blog as well. No kidding! Lliam is cutting about 4 teeth at the same time, so cranky is his favorite mood lately. Not cool. I'll be glad when the teeth are all in. He's also standing up on anything he can get his hands on. He's mastered the crawling, and soon to be walking. *tear* my baby is growing up.

I just gave my "I'm not returning to work" notice at the office. Sad and yet not. For so long my career defined me. And now my new job, SAHM, I'm finding a new rewarding career. I love learning how to make life at home easier, more economical, and fun for the kids! I'm into planting gardens, learning how to dehydrate food and store it, and learning how to make home made bread not taste like home made bread. Yeah, thanks You Tube...its amazing what crap is on that site! I waste almost as much time on that site as I do with facebook.

Just tonight, Jos and I went to see Star Trek. AMAZING MOVIE. I watched the Original Star Trek as a child, and grew to love Star Trek: The Next Generation (seriously, who didn't fall in love with Ryker?!) This movie exceeded my expectations. I loved that Jos and I could have that time together. I rarely see this man, and it was a nice treat to watch it together. On our way home, he let me pick out my birthday gift. A brand new LG X120 Whatchamacallit. Its so cute.





It was a perfect end to the day. Thanks Jos for the mini laptop.

Now to watch the Hockey game and WIN!! GO CANUCKS GO!!!

No comments: