I've been busy undergoing a rather large transformation. I need to be getting more in shape, and getting my life back on track towards happiness.
I've slacked in certain areas, and my husband has made some of them pretty clear. So here are a few changes for the near and distant future:
- Complete the P90X program with great nutrition. I' ve been doing great so far, and I love this program. Its such an endurance race with weights and jumping squats. I love how drenched I am after a workout. It really shows how hard it makes you work. So far I've lost 3 lbs, and its only Day 2! Yahoo!!
- Have all of Jos' 16 dress shirts pressed for the coming week or two. He's working so hard to keep the family fed...and me at home with the kids. I love my time home with the boys. Thank you darling for blood, sweat and tears for this family!
- Reading the Book of Mormon on a daily basis...this needed to happen like 7 years ago. But I've slacked off, and its just because I'm lazy. I really enjoy reading it, I just need to get off my duff, and have the book ready and available for me to just grab and read. No excuses!
- Cleaning the house/kitchen/bathrooms at least to the point where it doesn't reak!
- Laundry twice a week, instead of once every two weeks piled in a mountain!
- Keeping all commandments, including taking care of my husband and showing him the love he deserves.
Things lately have been so busy around here. I've been coming and going from the house so often that I'm not sure where I am anymore!
I went out horseback riding with my GF Cyn, and her 2 adorable kids. Her daughter's first time riding, and I think she liked it, and did extremely well! I tried out my Aussie saddle, and I'm still getting used to it...its not quite western, and not quite english, so its a little to get used to. I made my dad try it out, as the horse I was riding was acting up. I wasn't sure if it was the saddle being uncomfortable for the horse, of if she was just being a pest! So dad climbed up on the horse, and gave her a run around the barrels to get some jitters out. On his last barrel he raced "home" and on the high speed run back, he lost balance and a stirrup and fell off! He landed in some pretty soft soil (it was where an old grain bin used to be, so it was pretty soft with packed down grain) but he didn't move for a long long time. Can I just say, that when you see a loved one fall lifelessly to the ground in front of you, your legs just can't move fast enough to get over to them? It really felt like I was going in slow motion to get over to him. He was slowly breathing, and not moving well. He wouldn't let me call an ambulance, or take him to the hospital. I think he was trying to "cowboy up". That, and I think he was a little in shock that he ACTUALLY FELL OFF, and that his body isn't the young spry, agile cowboy it used to be. I felt like a schmuck!!! After about 10-20 min, he got himself up, and moved really slowly. He made it to the house, and he sat down. He was so white, he almost looked blue! It was so scary to see. I got him some Ibuprofen, and some water...and let him rest. I made dinner, but that didn't help my guilt at all. I know things happen...I just can't help but think, if I didn't ask him to get up on my horse, this would have never happened! I just heard (ON FACEBOOK, NO LESS) that he was actually admitted into the High River Hospital because of swelling in his lungs, and ribcage. OH MY GOODNESS.....where was the phone call on that one?!!!! I'm sure he'll be fine, but seriously, if my dad was staying overnight in a hospital, for heavens sake, give me call people!!!!
One more thing to work on I guess...ANGER ISSUES...I have a hard time just letting things go. I haven't heard word yet, on how he's doing...just that he's not feeling good enough to work. He works with my husband...I will just continue to pray for him for a speedy recovery.
I've just finished my Plyometrics workout, and I've got to shower off....yeesh!