Friday, January 23, 2009

I'm noticing a trend

So its the new year. Most people make weight loss goals for the new year. I like to remember that the new year is a time for renewing myself. Making goals. The problem is...I keep making the same goal, and keep failing. I want to lose weight, I want to be more patient with my husband and kids, I want to be more spiritual and dedicated to my religion, I want to give more service and I want to be all around MORE active.

I'm feeling a little down right now. Its the weight thing. Some people have the ability to burn calories as they are mowing down a chocolate cheesecake. I, on the other hand, just look at the cake and I feel the pounds pack on my rear. I remember when I was 18 or so, when I was smokin' hot and knew it...and ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted and was able to maintain said smokin' hot body. That's not quite helping my issue though. Remembering the past is something of a curse for me. It creates more emotion for me that I'd like. I wish I had that metabolism back again. I wish I had the confidence I used to have. Although, now that I think about it....that confidence got me into a bunch of trouble. I'd settle for feeling comfortable.

I'm still here at the ranch, and I'll be coming back to Calgary tomorrow morning. Its Jos' 34th birthday, and Lliam 8th month birthday thingy. So we are going to celebrate. I'm so proud of my husband, and the things he's accomplished, and WILL accomplish this year. He works so hard for his family and me. He is my best friend. I can't wait to come home!

I'll continue my workouts and hope for the best. 2009, I'm not going to let you beat me! This is my YEAR!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Oh man!! I am SOOOOOOO feeling your pain! Look forward to an eerily similar vent in my blog in the coming hours :)

You are NOT alone in the battle! Just keep fighting! (That's what I keep telling myself anyway) lol

Debbi said...

you're set up to change the 'trend'. You will be awesome.

Anonymous said...

Hey there Debbie Jo, I found my way over here from Facebook. :-)

I feel your pain about the slowing metabolism. And having babies just doesn't help. I bought a scale and am working on this myself, but it's hard, and it's easy to feel discouraged. I started tracking my weight weekly, and it's going UP. Anyhow, I'm cheering you on. :-)