Monday, December 22, 2008

A lovely Christmas Present for me.

I wanted to own a house in 2008. Its not my favorite house in the world, but I have one! Jos and I bought our first home last week. Deal signed, mortgage completed, and we are in debt up to our eyeballs. But YAY! Its a good debt. We don't have to move anywhere, because its the house that we are renting and living in! YAY, for not moving in this ca-razy weather!!! Packing = *shudder* ew.

I am SOOO looking forward to 2009. I have a new and stronger relationship with my husband, whom I love dearly. I'm looking forward to planting a garden (flower and food type). I'm looking forward to mowing MY own lawn. I'm looking forward to summer time. Going camping, and exploring Jos' 40 acres in Eureka, MT. I'm looking forward to this contiued weight loss, and looking HOT come summer! 2009 I have two words for you. BRING. IT.

We receieved some crappy news about my sweet grandmother.

She was sick, and had some lung issues. She went in for a few tests that confirmed nothing. We just found out last week, that cancer has appeared in her latest lung scan. I'm so sad! She's my favorite grandma! I know that death comes to us all, eventually. But I was hoping to have her in my life for a whole lot longer. I haven't had too many people die that are close to me. So I'm not looking forward to this painful ordeal. She's not going to fight with Chemo (sp?) but will try radiation. Hopefully, they caught it while its still small, and we can keep our sweet grandma around for a bit longer.

Last night we helped out a friend with a *slight* emergency. Marce called me, and asked if I could pick up her husband from the airport. It would be after midnight, but I had no reservations at all! It was my pleasure to drive the whole 8 minutes to the Calgary airport, park for 30 (Free), and let him sleep on my couch for the night. His ride from Lethbridge wouldn't arrive until the next morning. WOW, midnight turned into 2am very quickly, and he still hadn't come through the gate yet! His flight landed on time, but no sign of him anywhere! I had visions of sleeping at the terminal with a paper sign that read his name and hoped for the best. Then I realized, that I was doing a good deed, and that I should stick it out. As passenger after passenger met with their loved ones, I felt my heart sink. Then he appeared, and we were on our way home. I put him on my comfiest of couches, and had some dinner leftovers warming in the microwave. Ahhhh, NOW I can go to bed. I was glad to do it, and would do it again in a heart beat. No worries. All is well. Everyone made it to their destinations in safety, a little late, and without luggage, BUT SAFE.

This morning I was able to play Wii with the King family for a while. It was so fun to watch Anthony and Daddy King play some bowling on the Wii. Good times.

I will be heading to my dad's ranch in Nanton for the holidays, and I wish you all a Merry Christmas, and a very happy New Year!!!!


Debbi said...

and the entire Daddy King's family thank you for taking care of our Uncle Andrew!!

2009- BRING IT!! Love that!!

Christy said...

i loved reading your 2008 review and 2009 goals. you go girl ! sorry to hear about your grandma jensen. i hope she can stay here alittle longer too. she's so sweet !