Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Love Dare - Day 1

I briefly wrote about my idea of blogging about my Love Dare. If any of you have seen the movie
Fireproof, I highly recommend it to couples. Note: Kirk Cameron hasn't aged a bit and the cheesiness and acting talent is a little more like chewing on tin foil, but the message is excellent.

Jos and I decided to both try out the Love Dare book, that is featured in the movie. We both have copies so we can do it at the same time, and record our experiences. I've decided to blog about it so that, in the hopes that someone needs 'that kind of help with their relationship', will be inspired to jump on board as well.

Its a 40-day challenge and each day is based on a scripture. Each scripture tells us how to be a better person. I'll be using the King James Version of the scripture quotes they provide.

For example: Day 1 - Love is Patient

Ephesians 4:2

"With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;"

So yesterday's challenge was to be patient with Jos ALL day, even when I have the opportunity to have a moment to snap, or 'fight back' I bit my tongue. The interesting thing is...he's doing the same challenge, so the moment NEVER EVER happened for me to blog about it. It was a pretty cool day. Maybe he saw things differently, or had to try EXTRA harder to be patient with me, but it worked. I didn't feel impatient, or frustrated at all (well, not at his expense anyway LOL)

Day 1 - down....39 more to go.

No comments: