Thursday, August 13, 2009

Love Dare - Day 3

I'm at the point now where if anyone asked me if they should try The Love Dare - even if they are already hot in love, I would say yes, please invest the $18.99 for yourselves.

Day 3 - Love is Not Selfish

Romans 12:10

"Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another; "

Did you notice that our world has turned into a selfish one? We are more focused on our own appearances, feelings and personal desires. I ts a "Do what it takes to make yourselves happy" society. Sometimes, to a degree, that can dissolve a marriage. Do you agree that the opposite of love is selfishness? To a point, we are all selfish. We have to be, to be able to take care of ourselves physically and mentally and spiritually, I guess its the degree of selfishness I'm referring to that we must be careful. This challenge was featured in the movie. The challenge was, along with restraining from negative comments, buy your spouse something that says, "I was thinking of you today."

Again, so far so good. I didn't buy anything with money, as we both are getting pretty strapped for cash. He went out and bought me a huge bouquet of flowers (He knows I love to arrange flowers - its a talent that I have from when we owned a Florist shop in Abbotsford). They were yellow (my color of happiness) and I had a great time arranging them in my vase. Its so sweet that he took the time to pick out the right bunch, just for me at Costco. So, since I didn't have the kind of money he must have had (hahaha - what happened there?) and he was having a huge headache and exhausted from P90 day, I offered to give him a full massage. A half an hour massage! It was really fun to hit those spots that made him feel better. No, not THOSE spots! Just the tense, and over worked, and even hidden spots he forgot that needed work, like calves and behind the ankles. I nearly fell asleelp during the massage AND I WAS THE ONE GIVING IT, how is THAT possible! LOL so I appologized that was only a 20-something minute massage, and that it was the end of the day, and falling asleep. But it must have a great one for him, he fell asleep without a headache, and he felt that I loved him. That's all that matters right?

Are you intrigued yet?

Seems like I'm a poster board for P90X and Love Dare....HAHA well folks, 2009 was my year. I told ya! Its all about improvements. My not!

No comments: