Sunday, August 16, 2009

Love Dare - Day 6

Sorry, this post is a little late. Here we go.

Day 6 - Love is Not Negotiable.

Proverbs 16:32

"He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city."

Day 6 dare was to choose to react to tough circumstances in your marriage in loving ways instead of with irritation.

Ways I need to give a little:

- when he goes out for fast food more than 3 times in a week.
- relax when he's tasting my food I just made...I'm always nervous for the BIG critique.
- take a compliment while I'm dripping in sweat (during my work outs, he often gives me a boost, but that's when I really feel vulnerable. Especially when I'm jumping, and doing pushups)

Things that need to be fixed from my life:

- take the criticism when he does give it. He's got good intentions, its just always hard to hear.
- Show more compassion for the vulnerable side of Jos.

I'm trying not to over react to things lately. I know it just compounds the problem if you do over react. In my family, OVER reacting is the ONLY way to react. So this has been a hard one for me. My motivation to try harder on this one, is because I really want to to be able to discuss things with tact, and a slow mouth. It makes life a whole lot easier to deal with when you aren't afraid to get someone jump up in your face about anything.

No comments: